A Few Spots Still Available ….
$30.00 Discount Until Midnight May 24!
“An unforgettable, life changing event.”
Students love Rock-n-Worship Camp, an unforgettable, life changing event for the youth musician in your family.
Now in our third year, Rock-n-Worship Camp, a Christian rock band day camp for youth ages 11-18, is coming back to Salisbury, Maryland, June 24-28.
At Rock-n-Worship Camp, campers learn musically, grow spiritually, develop their musical skills playing modern worship music, make new friends, and have a whole lot of fun doing it.
Instructional tracks include:
Drums | Bass | Acoustic Guitar | Electric Guitar | Keyboards & Piano| Vocals | Percussion | Other Color Instruments
> Campers will leave as much improved musicians and singers, no matter what skill level they enter with.
> Campers learn new songs, receive instruction on their instrument, music fundamentals and foundations of biblical worship.
> Campers will see authentic worship music modeled with excellence and be trained in how to do that.
> For beginners and advanced level youth.
> An investment in a students personal development.
> Immersion in a worship and music atmosphere.
> A transformational experience.
Camp concludes with a “Worship Concert” for the entire camp, family and friends.
Schedule & Curriculum:
Rock-n-Worship Band Camp begins at 10:00am and ends at 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
(Monday arrival and check-in from 9:15 – 9:50 am)
A typical day:
- We apply the Heart, Head, Hands framework at the Rock-n-Worship Camp. Each “Session” represents about an hour.
- Session 1: HEART ~ Every morning we begin with a daily devotional study of biblical worship. We’ll explore what made David known as a man after God’s own heart. We’ll start each day by putting the First Commandment in first place.
- Session 2: HANDS ~ Next, small group instruction in each category of instrument – guitars, keys, bass, drums, other instruments and vocals.
- Session 3: HANDS ~ Campers will rehearse in their bands with coaching in the rock band format. They will select and develop a repertoire of 3-4 songs.
- Lunch Break – about 45 minutes. STUDENTS MUST BRING THEIR OWN LUNCH.
- Session 4: HEAD ~ Each afternoon we have large group “electives” which vary each day but will cover: the basics of music theory, vocals, songwriting. We may also teach improvisation based on the “harp & bowl” model.
- Session 5: HANDS ~ More small group/private instruction in each category of instrument – guitars, keys, bass, drums, other instruments and vocals.
- Session 6: HANDS ~ The final session of the day will be band rehearsal with coaching in the rock band format for each of the bands
Friday Night Concert 6pm – 7:30 pm
The grand finale is Friday night’s “worship concert” for the entire camp, family, and friends.
Students receive Certificates of Graduation !
Director of the Rock-n-Worship Camp is Rob Still, a Nashville music producer, songwriter and worship pastor. He currently is the Director of Music and Worship for Hendersonville United Methodist Church, prior to that he served as Pastor of Worship & Arts at Music Row’s Belmont Church where he oversaw a ministry of over 250 musicians, leaders and singers.
Rob has over 20 years of experience in youth ministry training young worship musicians. His former students have gone on to play for artists such as Paul Baloche, Matt Redmond, Kim Walker (Jesus Culture), Jason Upton, Kelly Clarkson and Michael W. Smith.
Rob teaches theology of worship and songwriting on the mission field (robstillministries.org) and has a passion for youth, worship and music. He blogs at www.robstill.com
Before answering the call to ministry Rob was owner of one of Nashville’s most successful advertising music companies, producing jingles for Wal-Mart, Nike, Texaco, Hardees, PIzza Hut and scores of national brands.
All of our staff coaches are highly qualified and have a wealth of musical training and experience. See the staff bios on the website. Additional coaches will be announced prior to camp.
Rock-n-Worship Camp is unique in offering a Christ-centered, fun music learning experience where students learn not only songs, but also the values of worship musicianship. These include humility, teamwork, excellence, servant-leadership, personal responsibility, self-discipline, creativity, passion and vision.
Skill Level Recommendations:
Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Keyboards & Piano: It is recommended that campers have at least 1 year of prior study or equivalent proficiency to participate.
Color instruments (Sax, violin, or other) It is recommended that campers have at least 2 years of prior study or equivalent proficiency to participate.
Vocals, Percussion, Bass – basic ability but no formal training required.
Please contact us if you have any questions or to discuss your unique situation, firstname.lastname@example.org
Limited Registration Open Now!
Limited Time Offer. Discount Ends Midnight May 24, 2013
Camp will be hosted by:
SonLife Community Church
6975 Grenada Drive, Salisbury, MD 21804
If you would like to register by mail or in-person, contact us below and we will e-mail the registration forms for you to return.
Write or call if you have any questions!
Rob Still: email@example.com